• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio-video sync issue in Premiere Pro CC 2020 (export file)

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help. I'm having sync issues in Premiere Pro CC 2020

Final output: audio and video not synced (h.264)

-the final output has normal audio speed but the video playback speed has been accelerated or in some instances, stuck in one frame
-already tried to render with Adobe Media Encoder
-rendered the timeline to green (in to out)
-already tried other formats (same issue)
-cleared Media cache
-tried to uninstall and reinstall Pr (now, the video's playback/preview has been accelerated too 

If anyone knows how to fix this, please help! Thank you!

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Thank you! The playback in Premiere Pro's back to normal speed.

For the audio-video sync issue on the export file, it was FPS source-output mismatch. The root of the problem was the fps of the raw video file, it was shot in 15fps that's why it ends up like a timelapse video when rendered. I had to modify the footage to 29.97fps (Modify > Interpret Footage > Assume frame rate to 29.97fps) then set the speed/duration to 50%. It worked. Finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For video playback accelerated while working in Premiere Pro, it's typically associated with a discrepancy in audio sample rates on your system/Premiere. Go to Preferences>Audio Hardware, and set your input to No Input.

As far as your export sync issues, the most pressing question is what kind of media are you working with? If you're working with phone or screen capture then your issue could be related to VFR: https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/wiki/faq/vfr

If you've recently updated to 14.2, you can try disabling the setting for hardware encoding in the Encoding portion of the Video tab on Export.

PhillipJoseph_0-1592369306839.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The playback in Premiere Pro's back to normal speed.

For the audio-video sync issue on the export file, it was FPS source-output mismatch. The root of the problem was the fps of the raw video file, it was shot in 15fps that's why it ends up like a timelapse video when rendered. I had to modify the footage to 29.97fps (Modify > Interpret Footage > Assume frame rate to 29.97fps) then set the speed/duration to 50%. It worked. Finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when exporting my sequence in H264, no propblem when exporting in other format such as MPG2 or AVI. The problem manifested in the video being rendered in higher speed than normal, audio is fine, resulting in unsynchronised video/audio. Unlike the original post, I shot my videos in 23.9fps, and the output is also 23.9fps so there is no frame rate mismatch here. I noticed that the problem was observed when the GPU was enabled during export. When using software-only rendering, no problem was observed, other than it's slower due to no hardware acceleration of course. This problem is seen on a new laptop with Ryzen 5 CPU with Radeon Vega 8 (I assume an APU thing). Clearly using software-only rendering is only a short term work around, I need a real solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing it to software encoding as advised, worked instantaneously,. Thanks a bunch! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seemed my problem was in the Radeon driver used. The one that came with Windows 10 appeared to cause this rendering problem, when I downloaded and installed the latest AMD's dirvers, the GPU encoding produced correct the frame rates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the latest Radeon driver worked for me too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I download a Radeon Driver?

I've spent hours trying to figure out why my audio and video aren't syncing after exporting in Premiere, and I'm incredibly frustrated. I've tried about 10 different things people in this community have suggested and none seem to work. Any ideas of what might help?

premiere1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see by your sequence and output settings that you have an atypical framerate, which is usually an indication that you are working with variable framerate footage. Audio going out of sync with video is also a symptom of that. I did provide a link in my other comment on this thread to learn more about variable framerate. Here it is again:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/wiki/faq/vfr

Inside the link you'll find other links, including for software to help convert your VFR footage to constant framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Phillip! I'll be sure to read it. I haven't had this issue before. I recorded the video with my computer's webcam, is that the reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip 🙂

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked, it worked, it worked!!!!

I spent several hours yesterday and last night tring to figure this out and was completely frustrated.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!! You saved me so much time. Just wish I would've reached out to this community earlier 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! Glad that did it for you. And in response to your earlier question, yes a webcam would be one of the things that can record in variable framerate. Most commonly it's phones and any software screen capture, so any sort of recording you do on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines