• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio/video sync problem (23,976, 48kHz)

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! Sorry if I make english mistakes, it isnt my native language.

I've seen lots of different topics about that kind of common issues, but I haven't found anything that really helps me.
I've shot a video (live music video in a recording studio) with 3 cameras, all the same brand with the same frame (23,976) rate and settings.
The audio was recorded separetely on a ProTools session, 48Khz.
I've done this lots of time, the exact same way, and I've never had a problem.
But this time, my audio won't sync.
When I add my audio to my timeline, it is slightly faster. If I change my audio speed to 99,92%, it works (or at least the offsync isn't noticeable) but I'd rather not affect the audio quality.

I've tried exporting my audio in different format, but once uploaded into Premiere, they are all exactly the same length. I've also tried to import my files in a similar project (24fps with audio recorded in 48kHz separetely), but the problem stays. Everything is in 48kHz (audio interface, every setting).
I've exported an excerpt of the video with the original camera audio to import it into ProTools, and it won't work there either (and actually, the audio length was slighly longer than the video file somehow?)

I feel like there is something very dumb that I'm missing, sorry for not figuring it out before if it's the case!

Thanks a lot,

Rémi

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about your clips from the cameras? What are the audio settings for those clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer! My audio in all my video footage is 48kHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Codec did the camera's record to? What brand of camera? If they were phones, your footage probaly is variable framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are all sony alpha cameras (sony a7iii x2 + sony a7rII).
That's the information of the footage.

Type : Séquence MPEG
Taille d'image : 3840 x 2160
Fréquence d'images : 23,976
Format audio source : 48000 Hz - 16 bits - Stéréo
Format audio du projet : 48000 Hz - 32 bits en virgule flottante - Stéréo
Rapport L/H en pixels : 1,0
Alpha : Aucun
Type de codec vidéo : MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I'm sorry you are having this issue. I assume that all your cameras sync together. It's just the separate audio that is the problem, correct? Perhaps you missed something in ProTools? I just tried a test with some footage and audio I had on my machine. Video files recorded audio at 48kHz but the audio recorded was set to 44.1kHz. It's a 10-minute clip and once I lined up the audio in my timeline and did a playback everything stayed in sync. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for taking the time, I really appreciate it.
I feel like the problem was probably in the recording studio, maybe some problem in the sync between the interface and the computer or something.
My cameras does sync together. I've converted the ProTools session in different format, and the offsync is still there, but just a different offsync. Feel like it's a weird unexisting sample rate. I'll just go with slowing down the audio in premiere. Since it's just a little bit slower (99,92%), its not noticeable. Eventually I'll figure it out by the time I export the final product, and will post here if I do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines