Highlighted

Audio was consolidated into Video file

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited a video in rush- after multiple show stopping glitches with rush- I decided to switch my project to using Premier Pro. However- all of the audio files (music and voiceover tracks) are squished into the one video track leaving no way to edit sound. How do I separate them..?? 
*And for clarification--I do not mean they are "linked"- there is absolutely NO audio track. Just a video file with everything on it

Topics

Audio, Error or problem, Export, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio was consolidated into Video file

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited a video in rush- after multiple show stopping glitches with rush- I decided to switch my project to using Premier Pro. However- all of the audio files (music and voiceover tracks) are squished into the one video track leaving no way to edit sound. How do I separate them..?? 
*And for clarification--I do not mean they are "linked"- there is absolutely NO audio track. Just a video file with everything on it

Topics

Audio, Error or problem, Export, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video tracks in Premiere do not have audio.

So if there is audio with that project, you have audio to see on tracks. When you play the clip, do you hear anything?

Some screen-grabs, drag/dropped onto your reply box so they show in your post would be helpful.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil!
I know it! So strange... the only visible track is the “video” but when you play it- ALL the audio tracks are within the file. It looks just like a lone video file. The audio that was from the original shot video that was “muted” on rush came up as a separate audio file (and I deleted it from premiere) but the music track and the voiceover tracks from rush are imbedded somehow into the one video file. I am so stumped.
I am not home to be able to send an image or anything currently- but I don’t know that it would help much. Just imagine a lone video track. But when you play it- all of the sounds from the original Rush Video plays.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geussing the audio track is hidden under the video track.

audio hidden under V1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how you would “reveal” the hidden track..?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing your entire timeline panel would help clarify this immediately. As if when you play back a sequence in the timeline panel, and there is sound, there must be an audio track in that sequence.

If not, there is no sound during playback. There is no other way to get sound during playback of a sequence in a timeline.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines