• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Wave Form Peaks Not Showing

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,   I'm using music from Artlist.Io as well as from Epidemic Sound and having trouble with the wave form display.   The wave form is displayed,  but on most of the tracks a large portion exceeds the upper limit and therefore does not provide information on where the peaks occur.  The voice audio shows all of the peaks properly,  whereas  very little of the music displays in this manner.  I'ver restarted the computer as well as deleted the media cache files, but neither of these helped. Attached is a screen shot;  music is on audio track 2 while voice narration is on tracks 1 and 3.

timh82449064_0-1612995694669.png

Another question is that I thought I could control the height of waveform was a visual representation of the volume level and that I could use this to even out volume between clips.  However,  none of the controls seem to affect the height of the wave form.

In summary, I'm looking for advice  on 1/ how to see the waveform peaks and 2/ whether the waveform display can be used to equalized volume levels.

Any input on this would be much appreciated.

thank you,

Tim

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

hi again,   it looks like I stumbled upon a solution.   I had it set to display "track key frames".   In that mode the entire track becomes uneditible except for the track volume.     I changed it back to show "clip key frames" and then it behaved properly.    So the problem is now resolved.   Thanks for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Sequence > Render audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Bob,  tried that but it didn't change the graph.  But audio gain normalize does adjust it.

In the meantime,  my track 2 has gone dead and is not responding to any commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again,  I think I found the solution to showing the peaks and adjusting them by using "normalize gain".   However,  now I have another problem.   Audio tracks 1 and 2 are no longer playable.   They won't responde to any commands and track one has lost the M and S buttons.      I've restarted premiere but the problem persists.   

Any advice on this would be greately appreciated.  

Following is a screenshot.

timh82449064_0-1613006271087.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

track one has lost the M and S buttons

By @timh82449064

Use the scroll bar on the right of the audio tracks to scroll up to see the rest of track one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try these:

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this advice !  I did everything as sugggested and unfortunately audio track #2 is still unresponsice to selecting or editing.   it still produces audio but the content is frozen and cannot be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi again,   it looks like I stumbled upon a solution.   I had it set to display "track key frames".   In that mode the entire track becomes uneditible except for the track volume.     I changed it back to show "clip key frames" and then it behaved properly.    So the problem is now resolved.   Thanks for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your solution so that others might benefit from the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Привет! Часто сталкивался с такой проблемой и решением было выполнить "рендеринг аудио" на панели "эпизод". Амплитуда аудио сразу появилась.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines