• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Waveforms are incorrect

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been having trouble with my audio waveforms for the past hour, and it's an absolute nightmare to edit with this problem continuing, so I'd appreciate any help. I'd like to preface this question by clarifying that the audio in question was recorded with a Mac application called OBS, using a headset mic. I should also note that this particular application has the video and audio that corresponds with it already linked when imported. The audio waveforms show up incorrectly, which can mean things like audio playing when there is significant blank space in the waveform, audio not playing when the wave appears, audio looking like it does not match the waveform at all, etc. How can I fix this? I have already deleted and moved my media cache twice, and have made the audio and linked video offline and then online again. I have no idea what to do, and I'm growing frantic. 

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's possible your material has a variable frame rateuse mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your audio waveform display set to - could it be the default still, which is 'rectified'? (and looks nothing like an audio waveform to me).

Try clicking on the sequence hamburger & checking the setting there (see attached images)

normal waveform.JPG

rectified waveform (and settings).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is a "sequence hamburger"? And how do I get that drop-down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's the 3 horizontal lines stacked vertically.  They're all over the place in Premiere...  and to some people (not me) it looks like a ...  wait for it... a hamburger..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As the guys above have said.

Sorry about the vague naming, but to me it does look like a hamburger (at least the 'perfect' version on adverts, anyway - the reality is quite different of course.

To get that drop-down, click on the 3 horizontal lines to the bottom left of the drop-down list in the screen grab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines