Auto reframe and crop bug

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Auto Reframe and crop are applied to a clip.

Auto Reframe doe not apply to the cropped clip.

Auto Reframe when disabled on a clip but still in the effects panel will cancel out the cropped video and instead resize the video to the cropped area when the sequence is rendered.

This will continue to happen until Auto Reframe is deleted from the effects panel of the clip.

Am I using AR correctly or is this a bug?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Auto reframe and crop bug

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Auto Reframe and crop are applied to a clip.

Auto Reframe doe not apply to the cropped clip.

Auto Reframe when disabled on a clip but still in the effects panel will cancel out the cropped video and instead resize the video to the cropped area when the sequence is rendered.

This will continue to happen until Auto Reframe is deleted from the effects panel of the clip.

Am I using AR correctly or is this a bug?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using incorrectly. That is NOT the designed use of AutoReframe. A-R is designed to re-format imagery from say a 16:9 horizontal standard video production to perhaps a square or even slightly vertical image for use on social media. It also moves graphics & such.

What you are wanting to do, as you mention in a bit of detail in your other post, is done by keyframing the position and placement of the image in the frame. Especially for when you are 'fitting in' one image on say V2 into a space of the image on V1.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made this post a when I was very tired and didn't explain it correctly.

I had copied a clip from another sequence that had AR applied to it.

After I pasted the clip into the new sequence I then disabled AR in the effects panel.

I then applied a crop onto said clip and then manually positioned it (this would disables AR even if I forgot to).

For some reason once the squence was rendered AR would somehow activate and resize the clip to the size of my cropped area.

I determined it was AR because after deleting the effect from the effects pannel the issue stopped happeneing.

After some tests with Adobe Support (trying different versions/clearing cache/ect) we determined it was an odd caching bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GJ,

Glad you solved it.

The way I approach situations like this: If there's anything ever going wrong with how two effects are interacting, try applying one effect to the clip, nesting it, then applying the other effect to the nest. That can usually defeat render pipeline order issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 0