• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Reframe losing Resolution

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to my sequences and hit auto reframe, it drops the resolution of the clips (all of them) down from a normal 1080 down to 112. It also automatically toggles off my motion controls under the Effects tab, so I have to go in an toggle it back on for each clip in the sequence. I'm using Premiere Pro 2020, and it's  fully up to date. So what's going on and how do I fix it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

After doing a bunch of analyzing I found that I had a png logo that was 800x368 pixels. After removing the png from the timeline the autoreframe properly sized the new sequence to 1080 px in height. My guess is that autoreframe may be setting the max height of the new sequence to the maximum height of the lowest resolution element in your sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"1080 down to 112"

Um ... trying to figure out what you mean by that ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm having the exact same issue. 1920x1080 sequence, trying to go to a 9x16. Premiere finished auto reframe and the resulting sequence is 103x183 pixels! Hah. Like, super tiny and weird aspect ratio.

codys72658089_0-1593163724807.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cody,

I can't replicate ... and your aspect ration is veritcal 34:61 which is bizarre ... what options did you set in the Reframe dialog?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so I was turning a 16x9 into. 9x16. For whatever reason premiere set
the resolution of the new sequence to that crazy low setting and ratio. I
was using some full HD and some lower res footage in the original sequence,
but all size to fit the 1920x1080 original sequence. But yeah it was pretty
weird and in the end it may have been faster to do it manually instead of
using the auto reframe, which kinda defeats the purpose hah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cody,

What process did you use to set the framesize for the lower-res media in the sequence? Fit to framesize, Scale to ... , or simply scaled on the sequence manually?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't say there was one thing I did. Sometimes set to frame size but
often the footage had black bars and then needed to be scaled manually to
fix. Either way the intuitive thing I expected was that it would look at
the current sequence of 1920x1080 and go from there 😄

Is there a setting that would help make this work in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asking out of curiosity and also to get more data points for anyone else that sees this thread.

For testing, you could say test with short sequences with one of each type of size change, and see if they auto-reframe correctly or not.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Using the auto-reframe sequence function to make a 1:1 video and it is dropping the resolution so the end result is tiny and unusable. This has always worked int hte past. Has anyone seen a resolution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue too. My original sequence is 1920x1080. I went to Sequence: Auto Reframe Sequence: Chose Square 1:1, Motion tracking to default, Don't nest clips. When i go to look at the reframed sequence it is 306x306.  Why is it making the resolution so small?

I don't want to manually reframe each clip in my sequence, because there are 100+ edits and inserts, graphics etc. Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

any chance, this got solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this isue too.
1920x1080 to 1:1 aspect ratio becomes 330 x 330 so losing resolution.
I want it to become 1080 x 1080
Is there an option to do this automatic? Or do I have to do this manual? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've got 1080p clips at 4k clips, but when I auto resize it makes the height 368 px. I tried creating 4x5 vertical, 9x16 vertical, and 1:1 square. All resulted in a final resolution with a height of 368 px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing a bunch of analyzing I found that I had a png logo that was 800x368 pixels. After removing the png from the timeline the autoreframe properly sized the new sequence to 1080 px in height. My guess is that autoreframe may be setting the max height of the new sequence to the maximum height of the lowest resolution element in your sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be correct. Which would surprise anyone who wasn't expecting it to do so.

And thanks for posting the information back here!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That teh solution for this problem. Delete the Logo or smaller files and you will be able to solve this problem, have better quality and better automatic adjustments. Thanks for the advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines