Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-reframing without shrinking text?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm reframing a video from 1920x1080 1080x1080.  The video has text throughout (used as captions - I prefer this than using the Captions function) and I want to keep the text the same size as in the original video.

Is there a way to stop the text shrinking when I reframe?  I've tried auto-reframe and doing it manually, and in each instance, the text shrinks.  

I don't want to have to resort to resizing each text box one at a time!

Thank you very much in advance.

Sarah

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Assuming the text is not already burned in to the 1920x1080 video, and further assuming that the titles that contain the text are all on the same video track, then the solution is to select all the text titles in the video track and nest them in a new sequence. Then you can resize the nested sequence independently of the other video tracks. Since all of the text titles are in the nested sequence, they will all scale the same way at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share screen grabs of what your are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming the text is not already burned in to the 1920x1080 video, and further assuming that the titles that contain the text are all on the same video track, then the solution is to select all the text titles in the video track and nest them in a new sequence. Then you can resize the nested sequence independently of the other video tracks. Since all of the text titles are in the nested sequence, they will all scale the same way at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Jeff.  Yes those assumptions are correct.  Do you have time at all to talk me through the steps here?  As I'm not familiar with nesting I'm afraid.  I have a video track, an audio track and a track with the text graphics in.  I want to make the video track square - and I'm happy with the results there - but keep the text at the original size.  Does that all make sense?  Hope that's OK and thanks again, Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff - just to let you know, I've figured out nesting now!  Thanks for your help!  Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are happily resizing the text as needed without pixelization? Great job! 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines