• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto resizing text

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have text automatically resize according to the size of the text box? So for example, if I type more text than the current text box and font size allows, the text gets smaller so it all fits into the box. TIA!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

No, that's the box resizing, not the text itself. I've found a workaround for now, hopefully they flesh out EG soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have watched around 4 videos  in that I found that this video is useful but the only disadvantage is you have to use aftereffect and export the file in RGB+alpha mode and use inside premiere pro 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjVoN0n73sM

Hope this answer solves your query. 

Method 2 

There is a method you can use aftereffect file inside premiere pro with help of essential graphics 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Z84YGDyAs

But I personally feel its too complex because the video that I found does not have a voice explanation so am posting this as a second method in case your expert in aftereffect you can follow method 2

Download course project files here with my dropbox link: http://bit.ly/2DtXnz6 New lessons added each week! Watch the playlist: http://bit.ly/2FNq0IV Expression Text: title = thisComp.layer("Rectangle").sourceRectAtTime();padding = effect("Padding")("Slider");[title.width + padding, title.height +
After Effects and Premiere Pro Tutorial 2020 In this, After Effects tutorial you will learn how to create Self-Resizing, Auto-Scaling text boxes that will automatically resize to fit your text! This effect is so popular today and you can use it to create stylish titles or lowers thirds for your ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, but this is actually the opposite to what I'm wanting to achieve. I want the text to resize according to the size of the rectangle, not the rectangle to resize according to text size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EGP does not wrap text. Only the legacy titler does this.

Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! So using legacy titles would work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but Legacy title is going to be removed from the program in the near future.

Guessing, this feature will be added to the EGP at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I saw that, it will do for now - I'm not very experienced with legacy titles. How do I achieve the text resizing? Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a look at the Legacy titler sorry to say but the Titler has been stripped down.

Option has gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No option has not gone forever. It just switched its place. you can find legacy titles in file-> new ->Legacy title 

send.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option as in WRAP to the titler itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought both are same. I look into it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's the box resizing, not the text itself. I've found a workaround for now, hopefully they flesh out EG soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. when you free, please mention how you find out a temporary solution. so it will be useful for others who are facing similar issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a workaround that achieved a similar effect, I just made the font smaller so it doesn't need to wrap 😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines