• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Save Sub Folders for the Sub Folders

Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something I've noticed Premiere doing for a while now is that it constantly creates new sub-folders for Auto Saves.  So If I go to the Auto-Save directory, there will be an Auto-Save folder inside of the first one.  At the moment said Auto-Save folders are about 10 deep (not joking).  Premiere just keeps creating these folders at random and saving project files in them.  Sometimes it seems really random as to which folder it decides to save in.  So if Premiere crashes and I have to retrieve an Auto-Save it means digging through a dozen folders to find exactly the save iteration I'm looking for. 

Has anyone else experienced this madness?

autosave.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try changing your autosave folder under FILE\Project Settings\Scratch Disks

If that doesn't help, you may need to trash your preferences. It's a step to take when oddness appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done both of those things.  Also I had another issue today so I scrapped my Preferences then uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere today.  The project I was working on then started to save in sub folders again... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check a new project to see if you get the same issue?

It might be interesting to see the AutoSaveLocation inside that project.

<ScratchDiskSettings ObjectID="9" ClassID="4c6ed82b-a81c-4df1-8bd0-750504c4b560" Version="4">

<AutoSaveLocation0>MyDocuments</AutoSaveLocation0>

</ScratchDiskSettings>

Make a copy of course.

With 7-zip installed you can right-click the copy from File Explorer and 7-Zip > Open Archive

Then looking at the project name in the archive right-click and Edit which will open it in Notepad.

Look for the <AutoSaveLocation> tag and see what yours says.

That's mine above and I only have the one AutoSaveLocation tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's incredibly annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every time you use an auto save you need to rename and relocate the project.

This way you won't have auto save in auto save etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines