• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Tracking Graphic to Video (to existing Mask)?

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm guessing the answer is After Effects I don't really know it at all and as such am trying to do something in Premiere Pro 2020 so I just want to confirm if this can be done or not. I know how to apply a mask to a video and then use the auto-tracking feature to move with that for me. I have that built, but now is there any way to track a graphic object (many stacked graphics/text) onto that mask so that it moves with it?
In short I have a call out box with an anchor point that I need to move with the video on screen. It lasts for aobut 10 seconds so while I can (and will as I need this done) manually keyframe it moving it's position around for future projects it sure would be a LOT faster if I could just create the new video layer, add a mask, auto track that then tie the graphic to that mask somehow so that it's position moves realitive to the mask.

If that can't be done in Premiere Pro any advice/links on how to do this in After Effects? Would that just render out the 10 seconds of video I need with the tracking/effect done and I'd drop that on my timeline in Premiere?
Thanks for any advice you can provide.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the answer is Ae.

Premiere does not have motion tracking.

You can do MT but you will have to keyframe manually.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=motion+tracking+after+effects&page=&utm_source=opensear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Premiere does not have motion tracking."

And by "does not" you mean other than the auto-motion tracking you can do with masks? Is there no way to tie the tracking data from a mask on another layer to graphics? I assume not which is a MAJOR bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You guessed correct: nope.

That is why there is Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines