Auto Update cleaned all my previous versions

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always set up my system to keep old versions due to past problems with new versions. But I woke up to see all my versions from CS6 with encore for creating DVD gone and 2021 installed. I am trying to install the older version and they are not showing up. I will try system restore to days back and see if I am lucky. On the latest Adobe installer the previous version only shows 14.9 making it impossible to install older versions.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto update is a setting in the CC desktop app you can turn on or off.

I suggest you turn off auto update and install manually in the future.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann

I took off the remove old versions option as I prefer the auto-updates. Thanks

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was burned by this once. I had auto-update turned off, but something changed and all my old versions were wiped out.

After that, I am meticulous about creating a clone of my system to reinstall if updates go wonky.

But even without an immediate clone, I keep good backups and recently had issues that required a roll back to the last Windows 10 update to fix some (non-Adobe) problems.

Stan

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far 14.9 and 15 are working good and trying to get my plugins from previous versions working. Now I have to stop using encore and making DVDs to those who need them and offer the USB Flash Drives.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines