Highlighted

Automate Audio Normalization

Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I've got hundreds of clips with different audio levels. Let's say I make a rough cut with a few thousands of edits, therefore thousands of different audio levels. Before it comes to some real sound mixing I need to normalize all those edits very very roughly. Sure, I could send the audio tracks to Au and normalize the clips one by one. It takes an immense time and is almost senseless, as I need a proper mixing anyway later. At the beginning, I need to adjust the audio levels of the very quit clips to the very loud one to hear them in one go.

Is there any way to automate this process of rough normalizing?

Topics

Audio, Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Automate Audio Normalization

Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I've got hundreds of clips with different audio levels. Let's say I make a rough cut with a few thousands of edits, therefore thousands of different audio levels. Before it comes to some real sound mixing I need to normalize all those edits very very roughly. Sure, I could send the audio tracks to Au and normalize the clips one by one. It takes an immense time and is almost senseless, as I need a proper mixing anyway later. At the beginning, I need to adjust the audio levels of the very quit clips to the very loud one to hear them in one go.

Is there any way to automate this process of rough normalizing?

Topics

Audio, Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?