• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

automated removal of every 6th Frame

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some old video that was telecined from film to video and they added a duplicate frame every 6th frame. Is there a way in Premiere Pro CC or After Effects other then export out the film as still image sequence to remove every 6th (Nth) frame?

thank you in advance,

CHING

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean 29.97 to 23.976 conversion? Try to drop the 29.97 source into 23.976 timeline, Premiere should do inverse telecine automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll try that. I know it is a pull down/Transfer to video issue. There is a script (Expression) that can be run in After Effects to remove every Nth fram I just don't really understand the expression fully or how/where to put it in the comp in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gotta say your suggestion has not always worked for me.  This may be because the film to digital scan was sloppy...  and can't say I really noticed any issue just working with the 29.97 file.   The quality of the transfer from a  facility that uses this pulldown method usually isn't that great in the first place.  If you're using a professional transfer house, they will usually make the transfer at either 23.976 or exactly 24fps.   The most important point here is to do the pulldown removal before you start editing.  otherwise, you'd have to do it on a shot by shot basis (I think).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is old video froom old footage we have so all I have to work with is footage that was shot at 25FPS transfered to that and then to 29.978 adding the duplicate frame every 6th frame. So the 29.978 NTSC version is what I have to work with. I may try to convert it to 24 FPS or if I can find the 25 FPS export it out as 24 FPS and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines