Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically add/switch to/change a clip when color changes

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

I would like to know, if there´s some option, how to automatically detect a change in a video and add an image from different timeline (or at least mark or cut out that footage) when there´s a change of image/color in the main timeline. 

This is terribly described, so let me show you an example (image is attached):

In this example there´s a video and a camera footage within this video in the upper right corner. Whenever this camera footage changes (to a different image) I need to replace it for something else (still image).

So is there a way how to automatically detect those changes and either mark them on a timeline/clip or even cut it out and replace it?

Thank you,

David

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Ever since the September 2020 update, Scene Detection may help you in this task. Not sure if a change in color is enough threshold for this feature to work, though.

Try it out: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/scene-edit-detection.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the September 2020 update, Scene Detection may help you in this task. Not sure if a change in color is enough threshold for this feature to work, though.

Try it out: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/scene-edit-detection.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was really helpful. I didn´t know this function exists and you just saved me a lot of hours of work!

Thank you very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines