• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosave in Productions: multiple projects

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know how to sync up the autosaves for all open projects when working in Productions? My editor and I work on many projects within the Production and we hop on and off them so that the other can use them.

I have my autosave interval set to 15 minutes, but I get interruped by autosaves sometimes once a minute for the 7+ projects I have open. It's so annoying!

The autosave timer seems to be linked to when I opened each individual project, not synced together. Anybody know a fix?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to chime in and say that i'm having the same issue - it's maddening!! Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting issue. Adobe has released with 23.4 the new Background Auto Save. So you might check into that. Also, they suggested recently to perhaps change your save shortcut, to the new 'Save All', in order to Save all projects with one keypress.

MyerPj_0-1684353865798.png

Background Auto Save

The new, improved auto save runs in the background without interrupting your work. Backups can be saved in increments as short as one minute.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new/2023-4.html#background-auto-save

BTW, Speaking of shortcuts: There is (now) a known bug with Kys files, your keyboard shortcut file(s). Shortcuts mostly for changing panels, get erased upon closing PP. I reverted to 23.3, but then went back to 23.4 and marked my kys file as read-only in the OS, and that is working now, I'd just have to change that back if I want to save a new shortcut for the time being.

For more information, check out this link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll try that. Never did find a solution but I like this idea 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background Auto Save sounds very cool - i'm still back in 22 because i'm in the middle of a documentary project but i'll definitely check that out when i can. Also i'm familiar with save-all but it's the auto saves that run incrementally on all open projects that gets maddening when they're not synced up. Even if i hit Save All to try and reset the clock on all of them it doesn't always fix the staggered autosaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, let us know. If it doesn't stop us working anymore it will be a good step. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, all. Background Auto Save and "Save All" are great additions. I was wondering if anyone knows if this works when projects are opened by other team members. If I "Save All" does this only apply to projects I have write access to? or prlock'ed projects as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines