• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AVI audio not 'importing' correctly to Premiere Pro (latest version)

Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some video clips using Bandicam as I have done countless times. These are in avi format and use the xvid MPEG-4 codec. The videos play back okay in VLC player and Windows Media Player.

However, when 'imported' into Premiere Pro or opened in Audition, the audio is incorrectly identifed to be 11025 Hz mono, when in fact it is 48000 Hz stereo. As a result the audio does not play correctly but sounds garbled.

I don't understand how or why this would happen because I often used Bandicam + Premiere to record lectures and lessons for YouTube and I have never had a problem like this before. I would appreciate some help or advice on this matter. I have installed the latest versions of Premiere and Audition and tested with those, to no avail.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

As far as I know, xvid had never been supported... so the fact that it used to work surprises me

What happens if you convert with https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, xvid had never been supported... so the fact that it used to work surprises me

What happens if you convert with https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. In that case something must have changed the codec in Bandicam. I don't know if xvid was what I was using earlier, everything just seamlessly worked.

I'll give handbrake a shot anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes... when I try to change it to H264 the error message is "failed to initialize codec", and apparently this can be the result of a graphics driver update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines