• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Avid MediaCentral Panel Compatibility

Advocate ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone out there use the Avid MediaCentral extension for Premiere Pro? If so, have you had any issues with it missing in the past several releases? I work at a station where the news people use Avid software to ingest footage and edit. Our department uses Adobe. The Avid MediaCentral extension for Premiere Pro allows nice integration between their Media Composor projects/ingested footage and our Premiere Pro projects. Unfortunately, the Avid MediaCentral extension either no longer shows is available under the Window menu. We're trying to figure out if this is something on Adobe's end or Avid's end as to why we can't get the extension to work.

Premiere Pro Version 14.6 is the last known version that the extension seems to work with. Logically, my first thought was to simply roll back to 14.6. But unfortunately, it seems like some damage is sticking even after rolling back to 14.6. Rolling back to 14.6 will allow us to see the extension again, but then it just hangs up when trying to sign into the MediaCentral UX. It would be nice to simply restore the computer to how it was prior to the update after 14.6.

We ran a couple tests on my computer that was working vs. the computers that have the missing MediaCentral extension:

• My working AVID and Adobe profiles/credentials do NOT work on the problematic PCs.
  • My working AVID and Adobe profiles/credentials do work on my own PC a few feet away.
  • My coworker's AVID/Adobe profiles do NOT work on the problematic PCs.

This leads us to think that there is something corrupt that is leftover during the update from Premiere Pro 14.6 to any of the newer versions that is still hanging around on the computer. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I don't think this information below is relevant, but I'll copy/paste it just in case.

Version: 10.0.1904 Build 19042

System Manufactureer: ASUS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Hi Brandon! 

I helped Avid write that panel, and may be able to help. 🙂

I'll DM you with more questions, and to gather some more details...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan could you help Brandon here? He's unable to use PPro because of this. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon! 

I helped Avid write that panel, and may be able to help. 🙂

I'll DM you with more questions, and to gather some more details...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are using Avid mediaCentral CloudUX v2022.3 panel for Adobe premier v2022.2. We had like trice already that we're unable to connect to MCCUX URL. What could be the reason for this? Any help is much appreciated. Other domain user is working fine and our current workaround is just rebuild the user profile in windows. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, no idea. What does Avid Support say? 

Part I helped with = getting the panel to load and execute, in PPro; anything beyond that is the province of Avid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines