• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Avid’s Autosync like feature for subclips

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avid media composer has a fantastic feature for subclips. Its called autosync.

Its extremely helpful for large scale projects to manage bins and clips based on scripts.

Gere is the process which is followed for films or shows on Avid

1. Import all footage and audio from day and sync them on a timeline.

2. Create subclips with synced audio and footage of individual shots/ clips

3. Rename each clip, based on shooting clap and script.

4. Create autosync clips. This enables the indivual subclip to become a self contained clip with all the new audio layers intact and the new clip name.

Why its helpful?

1. It gives you freedom to have individual bins for each scene and have its respective clips in that bin.

2. Even if the scene was shot in a non linear way, the renamed clips helps to keep them in scripted order .

3. While editing, if you feel like using match frame. The clip opens in source monitor with amsynced audio and given you flexibility to edit faster.

4. irrespective of the name of clips, the edl or xml output is accurate, with source clip details for audio and video. Which is helpful while sharing edl of audio for sync sound post, color grading and vfx.

5. And if in source monitor I match frame on video again, I can access the actual source clip originally imported. Same applies when I match frame on audio (keeping the video layer deselected)

6. In case of multi camera. I can merge two individual subclips to create a separate clip and renamed file. Keeping all the above features intact.

How it currently works in premiere pro:-

option 1

1. Sync clip on a timeline; link individual clips with new audio and edit from that sequence.

2. Drawback here - you loose the flexibility of working with clips from bins and rely completely on a timeline. You loose the ability to ever use match frame and insert a shot.

option 2

1. Merge clips and rename it.

2. Drawback- match frame doesn't lead you to source clips and edl is based on new clip name and not the source.

I have requested adobe multiple times but adobe has never provided a concrete solution and I can't think of an easier way to swiftly transit from avid to premiere for my large scale projects where data and bin management and the ability to have flexible subslips and renaming ability.

Please provide a solution adobe experts, I need to start a new project next week and I am concerned if I'll be able to do it in premiere.

Thanks

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe team and experts, please guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pranav,

Please copy and paste the contents of your post and place it here in User Voice. That is where our devs will read feature requests.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent suggestions, would love to see this done in Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, I have been trying to bring this up with the Adobe team for years now. With every software update, I have been hoping to see these features in premiere pro which truly limits it true potential of working on a large-scale production.

Hope they listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted my concern and my idea.

Need a new option to organize dailies for large projects.

Earlier I posted to have the ability from Avid for features of Autosequence/ Autosync and group clips.

Seems we can do it in premiere with some caveats and the help of a multi-cam clip.

The workaround I got in premiere pro is creating a multi-cam clip that contains the footage and production audio. But the clips created do not have the timecode of the source hence I need to flatten it before exporting an edl or xml. Also, the naming remains (MC1) at the beginning and yellow box on the source monitor. If the multi-cam clip is created through the source monitor from a subsequence, there are renaming issues as the new name doesn't reflect on the timeline.

We need a new option like create subsequence. The new option can be called 'Create Superclip' (can thank me for that)

This new self-contained clip can be created from a timeline/ sequence. And this will have by default an adaptive audio setting, this will help to reduce the number of audio layers while editing. An option to modify that should be available. Also if the Superclip is renamed it will reflect on the timeline. This Superclip, unlike subsequence, will take its video and audio timeline from the source clip present on the timeline. This reduces the need to flatten the clips before sending for post and we can directly export an XML or EDL from the timeline after editing.

PLEASE listen to me, this will please millions of professionals working on scripted content like features and episodes.

You can thank me later for this concept.

Thank you,
Pranav Mistry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I have posted an idea on user voice called Superclip

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42217261-superclip

Please vote for it if you like it. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted and commented. Elegant solution.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is such an important feature that makes editing long form much harder in Premiere. PLEASE ADOBE TAKE NOTE and introduce the ability to create subclips from seperate video and audio with match frame ability. We've been waiting a long time...

Votes

Translate

Translate