• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Awful tearing artifacts with version 15.2

Explorer ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to v15.2 I experienced severe tearing issue when playing any media on the program/source monitor.

Only way to fix this was to activate vertical sync on the Nvidia driver settings (RTX 3090 card, latest studio driver v462.59) but then at the cost of a dramatic performance loss scrolling the timeline and on some effects.

Making it almost impossible to edit comfortably.

Now I see this 15.2 update use a new default display rendering using DirectX12 instead of openGL. So it's obvious the problem comes from here because I revert back to v15.1 and things get back to normal with defaults driver settings.

Now I'm more concerned for eventual future versions if this problem is not fixed. Don't know if it's a Nvidia driver issue or the new Premiere Pro display rendering engine.

Is there a way to deactivate DirectX12 and switch back to OpenGL on v15.2 ?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As much as we're encouraged to always keep our operating system, software, and system drivers up-to-date when it comes to video editing it is more important to keep them compatible.  That's often easier said than done.  It's not unusual to keep a video editing workstation on the same configuration for years - even when a great feature like revised Captions and automated transcription is one update away.

Like Metal on the macOS side, DirectX is probably something to cautiously embrace rather than avoid.  Software developers tend to code to take advantage of what the operating system is offering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines