Highlighted

B-ROLL editing question from a beginner.

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! 

I am an artist and I've started filming some

of my classes to post online. I'm new to premiere pro and have grasped the very basics, but my question is about seamlessly editing b-roll into my videos.

I have one camera positioned overhead to capture the whole painting and one on the side to capture the details. I'd like to switch back and forth between them pretty frequently, but I can't figure out the easiest way to do that without putting them on top of each other in the sequence, then blinding one clip, then the other, then cutting carefully and wedging it in so it fits perfectly with the audio...It seems like there must be an easier way. 

I hope this makes sense, I'm happy to elaborate further! Thank you!! 

Alex 

TOPICS
Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

B-ROLL editing question from a beginner.

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! 

I am an artist and I've started filming some

of my classes to post online. I'm new to premiere pro and have grasped the very basics, but my question is about seamlessly editing b-roll into my videos.

I have one camera positioned overhead to capture the whole painting and one on the side to capture the details. I'd like to switch back and forth between them pretty frequently, but I can't figure out the easiest way to do that without putting them on top of each other in the sequence, then blinding one clip, then the other, then cutting carefully and wedging it in so it fits perfectly with the audio...It seems like there must be an easier way. 

I hope this makes sense, I'm happy to elaborate further! Thank you!! 

Alex 

TOPICS
Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to try multicam:

premiere+pro+multicam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 2
Advocate ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you already found the solution the way you do it now... and making it faster is not always gonna lead to making it better. But Peru's suggestion sounds like it is made for you. Then cut the audio to fit the cut instead of the other way around.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
jampff LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing is preciesly what I do as well, except I do it with music. Multiple cameras all capturing the same performance or lesson. Multicam is exactly what you need. It is actually the reason I started using Premiere Pro in the first place. Tons of great tutorials online for this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0