• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backwards compatibility of Premiere projects

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me with something that should be a simple answer, but I couldn't find it on any web searches:

If a project is created in Premiere Pro 14.6.0 and someone else tries to open it in 14.3.2, will it open? Or is the compatiblitly issue only if it was created in 14.x.x and someone tries to open it in 13.x.x or older?

Cheers.

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Working in a multi-edit suite environment (18 rooms) we've had and have various versions of Premiere Pro running (14.0, 14.3.2, 14.4 and 14.6 etc.). A project version of 14.x will open in a suite running a different version of 14. Not sure about Beta versions of 14 though - never tried. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in a multi-edit suite environment (18 rooms) we've had and have various versions of Premiere Pro running (14.0, 14.3.2, 14.4 and 14.6 etc.). A project version of 14.x will open in a suite running a different version of 14. Not sure about Beta versions of 14 though - never tried. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case, but it doesn't specify in the Adobe help files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most often, a project will open within other versions of that same build series, and now we're in the 14.x builds. Even most of the projects using the public beta can be opened in earlier 14.x builds. But there is the thing in the public betas where you need to 'unlock' a feature to use it, the project will not then work in 14.x "shipping" version.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I don't believe I've ever used a public beta, so sounds like I won't have any issues, cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines