• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bake / Convert Time Remap to Keys in Premiere Pro and Export Curve / Keyframe Data

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In After Effects, I can bake a time remap curve down to keys and export that data to use in other programs, but Premiere seems to offer no such options for the same function, and numerous online searches have yielded no results on the topic. 

If anyone has any info on how to go about this, or if someone from Adobe could weigh in, I would be most grateful.  Thank you -

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

I have no idea, but here's a thought.  Have you tried sending your clip with the time remap applied to AE using the replace with AE comp workflow?  and then perhaps use your hack to do your export from AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a very simple answer: you can't.

Premiere and Ae are very different from the ground up: PrPro is an NLE, and Ae is a compositing app. Which is built to tie into things like Mocha and such. So it needs to have the ability to link to complex masking and data-point matrixes across plugins/helper-apps and such.

Premiere has no such options.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mr. Haugen, but as I said in the post, I am aware that Premiere does not offer any such options.  By the same token, neither does After Effects directly offer any means of baking keys, but that doesn't mean it can't be done - simply by using an expressions hack.

The question was, and remains, Does anyone know how to get around this ridiculous limitation imposed on us by Adobe, either by means of hacks within Premiere or through the use of paid plug-ins?  And it would still be nice if someone from Adobe would weigh in on the question.

Thank you all -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea, but here's a thought.  Have you tried sending your clip with the time remap applied to AE using the replace with AE comp workflow?  and then perhaps use your hack to do your export from AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of whisky do you drink, Mr. G?  Because I'm sending you a bottle -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically speaking, I used File/ Import/ Import Adobe Premiere Pro Project... but that's entirely missing the point.  You nailed the underlying problem with the suggestion of taking it into AE in the first place.  

At least two dozen shots that I'm responsible for delivering owe you a debt of gratitude.  Many thanks, sir -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad to have been of service.  Maybe I should set up a virtual "tip jar."  There's an important lesson here..  as I said in my post, I had no idea, but I thought I might have a clue.  Doesn't happen often, but never hurts to put something out there in case it helps.  The worst that can happen is someone can make fun of you...  which has happened a few times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your clue led to a fast and remarkably simple solution.  One of the nicest things about the internet is the ability to brainstorm ideas with the entire globe 24/7 on every subject imaginable.  Please feel free to shout out if I can answer any questions for you about Maya or After Effects.  Or old movies, for that matter.  Or even awesome martinis!

Thank you again for your help.

Cheers -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The value in this thread is staggering, sometimes this community really comes to the party! Bradley, if I may pick your brains - how do you go about exporting your time remapping out of After Effects? I'm trying to round trip 3 hours of offline from Premiere into Resolve and this detour through AE seems like the cleanest way to move approx. 600 retimed shots into online. I imagine the ol' set expression>convert expression to keys trick is the best way to bake the motion, but how do you export that information?

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines