Highlighted

Basic 3D Effect bug [image position jumps on swivel/tilt]

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Premier but when I applied the 'Basic 3D' effect for some reason it changed the position of the frame.

The bug appears on export; It doesn't happen all the time, for example, if i create a new sequence, no matter the sequence/image resolution, and apply the same settings on an image, it doesn't reoccur. If I duplicate the same image with the effects/bug into a new sequences, the bug follows it.

Vimeo video available shortly:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Basic 3D Effect bug [image position jumps on swivel/tilt]

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Premier but when I applied the 'Basic 3D' effect for some reason it changed the position of the frame.

The bug appears on export; It doesn't happen all the time, for example, if i create a new sequence, no matter the sequence/image resolution, and apply the same settings on an image, it doesn't reoccur. If I duplicate the same image with the effects/bug into a new sequences, the bug follows it.

Vimeo video available shortly:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a copy of the sequence. 120 kb. https://www.dropfile.nl/f/xQsha

1. Basic 3d forces the image position over to an mysteriously sourced axis.

2. Boris continuum does and cannot factor in this mysterious sourced axis, hence the image jumps.

3. Using Premiere's built in transitions, the image does not jump, meaning it works with the mysterious sourced axis, but because Basic 3D moves the picture off axis, every picture must be manually re-adjusted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, look for hidden keyframes.  I can not download your sequence to check it now.

I've had problems with Basic 3D swivel in a few versions of Premiere Pro and Premiere Elements.

You can try this:

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

You can report bugs here:

Premiere Pro: Hot (2153 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

and here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice. I don't want to lose my saved preferences, if I can back them up I will reset them for testing purposes; If you can explain to me how to backup my preferences that would be great.  I have reset work layouts, this accomplished nothing.  I have now found that this bug is not limited to adobe Basic 3D; it is now happening to Boris FX Continuum transitions as well... and the fix was removing all attributes from the clip and then applying them manually. I am using the latest Geforce drivers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a 3rd party plugin.

Rearrange the order of the effects.

Or nest.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jqwerty LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, and Ann Bens reply below solved it:

I had a drop shadow effect before the basic 3D, when I changed the order of the effects (or actually deleted the drop shadow) the clips rendered as expected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines