Highlighted

Beach ball appears constantly when editing

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For every click I make the beach ball shows up for several seconds. 

I've already created a new project, cleared my cache, turned off FX, selected the software GPU only,  playing back at 1/2  resolution with HD footage that was converted through Media Encoder and then made proxies and enabled that and still nothing stops this annoying beach ball. It's impossible to make progress and is driving me nuts.

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro that meets all the required system specs and have edited 4k and 8k 360 video with no problems.

Help!

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Beach ball appears constantly when editing

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For every click I make the beach ball shows up for several seconds. 

I've already created a new project, cleared my cache, turned off FX, selected the software GPU only,  playing back at 1/2  resolution with HD footage that was converted through Media Encoder and then made proxies and enabled that and still nothing stops this annoying beach ball. It's impossible to make progress and is driving me nuts.

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro that meets all the required system specs and have edited 4k and 8k 360 video with no problems.

Help!

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what kind of drive is your media stored on?  Make sure you ahve at least 10% free space on all drives and 20% on your startup drives.  Might want to run diskutility:  diskfirstaid on your drives.  Might try disconnecting everything except your media drive including pulling the ethernet cable and turning off wifi.  You might try creating a new user account with administrative privileges and logging in with it.  Do you have any antivirus software installed?  That can cause these sort of problem.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
C5C46 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!

I have a portable Lacie Rugged Mini 4T USB 3.0 drive with only 1.5T used. I will try running disk utilities tomorrow. My laptop is owned by my College and so I don't have any antivirus software as they manage the machine. They also control the privileges and permissions and I don't believe I'm able to alter or create a new user account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0