Highlighted

Beginning of Clip disappears

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro CC. I import a movie clip and it is intact. I view it in the source monitor and it is complete, from start to finish. When I drag it into my timeline the first few frames seem to go missing. About a second or so. I can not figure out what is going wrong.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Beginning of Clip disappears

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro CC. I import a movie clip and it is intact. I view it in the source monitor and it is complete, from start to finish. When I drag it into my timeline the first few frames seem to go missing. About a second or so. I can not figure out what is going wrong.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are there ins and outs marked in the source monitor?  If so, clear them or mark the entire clip...

and a seond or 2 are not a few frames.  Most professional video is at least 24fps so a couple of seconds is at least 48 frames... 

Are your sources from a screen recording or shot on a smartphone.  If so, the problem may be that they have a variable frame rate (vfr) which can cause problems in premiere that are hard to predict...use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
htts://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0