Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best budget laptop for Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peeps!

I am struggling with my current laptop in terms of using Premiere Pro. I was told that my video card is not good enough. In any case, I guess I'll have to upgrade if I want to continue using it. Help me with brand and specs ideas. I am looking into everything else but Apple. I've attached photos with my current specs of the Asus I'm using.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that 3.5-year-old laptop no longer meets the minimum practical performance requirements to run any of the current versions of the Creative Cloud programs. The i7-7500U, despite being branded "i7," is only a dual-core CPU with hyperthreading. And no dual-core CPU, even with hyperthreading, is as powerful as even a Sandy Bridge (2nd-Generation) quad-core CPU (mobile or desktop), let alone a Kaby Lake (7th-Gen) quad-core CPU.

With that said, there are hardly any budget laptops that will run Premiere Pro well at all: Either the integrated GPU is almost as weak as that inside your current laptop, or it comes with a discrete GPU that does not support hardware decoding or encoding at all (think GeForce MX series).

And because of this, the only "budget" laptops that I will be recommending for Creative Cloud are all 11th-Gen quad-core Intel CPU-based (e.g. "i5-1135G7," "i7-1165G7" or "i7-1185G7," plus their "IPU"-designated variants) laptops based on the just-now-shipping Tiger Lake architecture and their integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics. (I do not recommend the "i3"-designated 11th-Gen CPUs as they still come with Intel UHD Graphics that has been basically unchanged from the HD Graphics 620 days.) At least those newest i5- and i7-based laptops don't suck (relatively speaking).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the insight. Much appreciated.

In this case, let's exclude budget, but would you recommend any decent priced ones that can run the program properly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines