• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best format to export and re-import to new project?

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi....

I have an intro I created that I'd like to export and then re-use in other various Premiere projects (which obviously means I'd be re-exporting this intro), but I don't want to lose video/audio quality..

Could someone tell me the absolute best export settings for the initial export?

Thank you much!

T

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

T,

If there are graphic elements, I'd choose a 10 bit codec to preserve details. ProRes 422 is a good choice for preserving exports. If you do not have graphic elements, then ProRes LT is a good compromise on file size. GoPro Cineform also offers 10 bit codecs, that are popular choices, as well. I just don't use them.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Several options. You want an intraframe of medium to low compression ... which would be Cineform, ProRes, or DNxHD/R primarily. Say ProRes 422 would do fine, with that or the other two codecs you can go several generations without seeing any degradation.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines