• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best game capture/screen recording software to use with Adobe Premiere?

Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm cutting OBS out of my life because despite what they say, their software only records VFR and Adobe Premiere won't accept VFR video (it'll only accept the audio). Does anyone have any suggestions for game capture/screen recording software that'll work with Adobe Premiere? I'm looking to capture gameplay footage for the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and recording my own (Windows 10) computer screen. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Nvidia's Shadowplay for screen recording. Having said that wouldn't it be better to record video games to the hard drive using the capture device? Why record the computer screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Nvidia's Shadowplay for screen recording. Having said that wouldn't it be better to record video games to the hard drive using the capture device? Why record the computer screen?

By @Andy 1968

very helpful. Thank you so much for this:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad it helped. Having said that the Intensity Shuttle is no longer made. You can find them used on Ebay. It would probably be money well spent but there are other capture devices. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

be aware that at least on the mac side, the intensity shuttle is no longer supported and will NOT work on at least the last few MAC OS's.. So if you're going to buy one, make sure it works with your system.   They have newer devices that provide the same function...  post back if you're interested and I can report my experiences...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Nvidia's Shadowplay for screen recording. Having said that wouldn't it be better to record cheatcommands video games  to the hard drive using the capture device? Why record the computer screen?

By @Andy 1968

very helpful. Thank you so much for this:)

By @Marry251062910dnw

Using Nvidia's Shadowplay for screen recording can be a convenient option, especially for capturing gameplay without significant performance impact. However, using a dedicated capture device to record video games directly to the hard drive has its advantages.

Recording with a capture device allows for higher-quality recordings, as it bypasses the limitations of screen capture, such as compression artifacts and potential frame rate drops. Dedicated capture devices can record gameplay at higher resolutions and bitrates, resulting in better overall video quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shadowplay seems like a great alternative when it comes to recording video games for the computer, but it doesn't connect to PS4 and Switch (game consoles). Any suggestions to the alternatives for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caroline,

With OBS or Shadowplay you have to use 3rd party hardware (Intensity Shuttle or ADVC 110) to connect your game console to the computer. That being said can you please watch the video below and explain to me why you cannot do game capture from your PS4 using Premiere Pro and the Intensity Shuttle. Why do you need screen recording software?

https://youtu.be/JwTVSDuMBdA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In OBS ... which I use daily ... I have the file format set to mov in the Output tab, Recording section. "Indistinguishable quality, Large File Size", and Hardware NVENC as the encoder.

I get CFR files. So it should be able to make them for you ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, Neil, you're recording games?  I'm very disappointed.... (is there an emoji for smark?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I tried making the file size larger, and now it works in Premiere Rush, but not regular Premiere. Also, the image of the video appears in the side bar with the rest of my images, and the video will even play if I hover over it, but I can't move the video into my timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caroline,

Can you tell me why you cannot using Premeire Pro and the Intensity Shuttle to record from your gaming console? I am a tad bit curious. I know some people use the Elgato devices (less money). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use OBS for most tasks. In the output settings, you can select CFR or VFR.

Screenshot 2022-07-03 160446.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, sorry!  😉

The only game on this machine is the ancient original Windows solitaire. And there ain't no need to record that.

I record tutorials in Premiere Pro and occasionally Audition ... and do livestreaming using OBS as the 'virtual camera' to capture my various screens and match it with a BlackMagic Atem Pro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

Some people use dedicated hardware devices to capture gameplay video, like the Elgato stuff. That would probably be the best idea, I think. Check it out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen recorder for PC I use called Joyoshare VidiKit supports a large number of video and audio output formats. I think this app has strong compatibility as it also works with smartphones, smart TVs, gaming consoles, etc. Adobe Premiere may not be a problem. The screen recorder is able to record gameplay with no watermark and no time limit. The quality of output videos is high. Maybe you could give it a shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you can easily find a Free multifunctional program that allows you to record and broadcast to the network (if necessary) all actions on the screen and videos with others. Devices (for example, from a webcam). Moreover, in a few mouse clicks, you can quickly adjust the size and position of windows, specify the compression ratio, codecs, etc. (very useful if you are capturing from multiple devices at once). By the way, such software (recently) manufacturers of some audio and video devices began to indicate as basic for working with their equipment. When I play Dota, namely trade dota skins, I always record the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere works with almost all known video recording programs, but there is a built-in extension for recording audio and video at the same time, so that you don't have to overlay one over the other. Nvidia's programs fit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere works with almost all known video recording programs, but there is a built-in extension for recording audio and video at the same time, so that you don't have to overlay one over the other. Nvidia's programs fit, I recorded the game in bonzaspins and there was not even a lag of sound from the image

By @valera23087054648n

Nvidia's programs fit but not for everyone, if bonzaspins had a built-in editor it would be easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adding to screen recording software suggested, if you wanna find out a solution to your

already recorded VFR videos, use Handbrake to transcode them to Constant Frame Rate,

and this will import them into Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines