Best practices for rendering large files...?

Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got done editing an hour of HD 4 (about 9 Gs) into 45 minutes. I now want to export so—best practices? Looks like Premiere is telling me the exported file (to be uploaded to YouTube) is gonna be around 3 Gs. Any was to compress it more w/out losing quality? And shorten the time it takes to export? Thanks for your expertise!

TOPICS
Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Best practices for rendering large files...?

Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got done editing an hour of HD 4 (about 9 Gs) into 45 minutes. I now want to export so—best practices? Looks like Premiere is telling me the exported file (to be uploaded to YouTube) is gonna be around 3 Gs. Any was to compress it more w/out losing quality? And shorten the time it takes to export? Thanks for your expertise!

TOPICS
Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2021 0
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lower the bitrate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 0
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to this program. Where / & how would I do this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 0
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HandBrake is a free program that reduces file size without sacrificing quality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 1
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, regardless of which application you use, appropriate encoding settings are what yield high quality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 1
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are bitrate controls (quality versus file size) whether you're in Handbrake, Premiere, or many other transcoding softwares.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 0
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The YouTube presets for H264 are set based on what YouTube recommends.  

Use the one the best matches your Sequence Frame Size.

Premiere Pro > Export Media > H264 Format > YouTube presetsPremiere Pro > Export Media > H264 Format > YouTube presets

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 0