• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bezier keyframe creating unnecessary movement

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a problem that I've recently stumbled across while using Premiere Pro. I'm using bezier curves to keyframe position on a clip, because I want a nice curve of motion. However, I've found that with bezier keyframes, position between two identical keyframes still moves unnecessarily. I believe this is called the Boomerang Effect.

I've looked for a solution to the problem before, and I actually found one. It was using this old video for After Effects, but it still applied and worked in my situation. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLdBTzkMa7k

In short, the proposed solution is to make the first keyframe between two identical keyframes a hold keyframe, so that there cannot be any movement. And this fixed my first problem.

However, the problem I have is when there is movement between keyframes, but only on the X-axis. I've linked two images below.untitled2.png

untitled.png

Between these two frames, the Y-value for position changes unnecessarily, and I can't just hold the keyframe because there's still movement going on, and I don't want to ruin the bezier curve.

This might have been a long-winded explanation for a simple problem, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

I often add the 'Distort/Transform' effect to a clip. I then do the x keyframing using the standard motion effect and the y keyframing using the transform effect. It might work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often add the 'Distort/Transform' effect to a clip. I then do the x keyframing using the standard motion effect and the y keyframing using the transform effect. It might work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Richard, this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines