• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big projects not opening on new AMD machine

Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a strange problem. I have been given a PP project for an 80 minute program. It opens happily on my old Intel box but on the new AMD it fails most of the time. I have tried opening other projects and the determining factor seems to be size. I can open smaller projects but other similarly sized (eg 65 MB project file/80 minutes pgm length) fails. The load indicator races to about 65% and then stops. Task Manager shows almost no activity - maybe 1-2% memory changes and if I click on the cancel loading I get "program not responding". It does seem to open eventually - pot luck - 1 in 10 attempts. 

Closer look shows Intel pauses at the same place that AMD dies at but after a breif pause completes loading.

W10 Pro

128 Gig RAM

RTX 2080 TI

PP 14.7.0

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try creating a new project and then importing the old project into the new project...  Are both machines running the same version of premiere?  any chance you've used a 3rd party plugin that's not installed on the new machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! Yes! A plug-in. The Intel box gives me a warning for a missing audio plug-in and font substitutions. It might just be hang time on AMD but I have waited a good 20 mins + to see...

Intel = PP V 14.4.0

If I wasnt in such a rush I might roll back the AMD to the same version and see if it is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines