• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Biggest issue I have: In an Out Points do not copy, cut timeline

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a non-linear editing veteran of 25 years. Media Composer and FCP7 makes this really simple.Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 9.50.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-10 at 9.28.33 PM.png

I'm cutting a feature film where I need to select an In point and Out point to copy, Ripple cut then perhaps paste in a different area.  Premiere often has SOMETHING ELSE selected after pressing "I" "O" and copies or deletes something entirely different than my in point/out point selection.

Pictures show how the timeline may be highlighted.  I have to click somewhere outside in a blank area to deselect anything outside my I/O area before I can ripple delete or paste.

Selection follows playhead is Deslected.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Interesting. I seem to be able to Lift or Extract without any issue even if another clip is selected.

Default keys ; and '

Copy will prioritize the selected clip and not I/O points, yes. So I suppose that adds a deselect step. But if you were going to ripple delete the area anyway, then you should probably try Extract.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right selected V1,V2  determine what track will be effected by keyboard shortcuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all right tabs selected so when I do extract, it affects all tracks.  Again if no other clips are selected, then it does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I seem to be able to Lift or Extract without any issue even if another clip is selected.

Default keys ; and '

Copy will prioritize the selected clip and not I/O points, yes. So I suppose that adds a deselect step. But if you were going to ripple delete the area anyway, then you should probably try Extract.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For trial, select a clip so it's highlighted, go to another part of the timeline, click in and out points, then ripple delete.  Does it cut out the selection clip, or the in out put area?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The selection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines