Thanks, I figured it out! The problem is my olde brain was trained to count numbers literally, and these ISCIs are sorted numerically. That's why my excel doc and the premiere bin (and for that matter windows) don't sort the same. The names also weren't generated by me or they would have conformed as I expected.
My next experiement is to see if changing this sorting behavior in windows affects the behavior in Premiere
I use a free simple program on windows called renamer. when i shoot stuff I don't use camera menu to give names to the files saved, so it's basically repeated filenames when I clear the cf card for next day shoot.
So, I just put the number one in front of that batch of first day shooting, and then import to editor, and use that group to create bin(s). I might have something like, " 1-sc42-10- ..." etc. so I know what that shoot day has as content.
I don't do complicated stuff and it's not as complicated was what you are apprarently doing, cause I rarely have more than 6 bins or so... for video, sound, graphics, music, FX, etc...