• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bins not sorting alphanumerically?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain why I can not get my bins to actaully sort alphanumerically. I understand about the thumbnail view sorting. Even in that mode, Premiere puts theses in an incorrect order.

One always comes before three, correct?
SortIssue_1.PNG

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a second look: 35 comes before 15915. Its not so much the 1 comes before the 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I figured it out! The problem is my olde brain was trained to count numbers literally, and these ISCIs are sorted numerically. That's why my excel doc and the premiere bin (and for that matter windows) don't sort the same. The names also weren't generated by me or they would have conformed as I expected.

My next experiement is to see if changing this sorting behavior in windows affects the behavior in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use a free simple program on windows called renamer. when i shoot stuff I don't use camera menu to give names to the files saved, so it's basically repeated filenames when I clear the cf card for next day shoot.

So, I just put the number one in front of that batch of first day shooting, and then import to editor, and use that group to create bin(s). I might have something like, " 1-sc42-10- ..." etc. so I know what that shoot day has as content.

I don't do complicated stuff and it's not as complicated was what you are apprarently doing, cause I rarely have more than 6 bins or so... for video, sound, graphics, music, FX, etc...

good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines