• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Artifacts/Glitches with adjustment layer

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting random artifacts popping up on my projects, its caused by an ajustment layer with effects on which I've narrowed down to be the Gaussian Blur and Brightness & Contrast. Having both active causes the artifacts, but having only one stops them. My project used to be fine, I had the same effects but no artifacts, I can't think of anything I specifically changed. The artifacts are also inconsistant, they are different each time, sometimes they'll be there, but if I rewind and replay, they'll be gone or different. I rendered it out and even the rendered frames had the glitches

The issue can be seen below:

The black bars across the screen are not supposed to be there

captainnut_0-1610460109274.png

It is supposed to look like this:

captainnut_1-1610460249231.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What do you have the renderer set to? if you change to  Software Only if you're running OpenGL or Metal, does it change?

File > Project Settings > General. Under “Video Rendering and Playback,” there's a “Renderer” you can check this info there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I  don't understand why anyone mangles their pixels with that ancient Brightness and Contrast effect. When doing anything that affects color or tonality, check in the Effects panel to see whether it shows the 32 bit "lego block" icon.

Which "Brightness and Contrast" most certainly does not. It's only 8 bit color, and will result in banding and perhaps other artifacts quite frequently. Use Lumetri ... it's a vast improvement in math.

Applying actually contrasting effects like a blur and a color correction can interfere with each other. It's always good to apply one, nest, then apply the other. It internally separates the processing steps better.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines