• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black preview screen when CUDA is turned on

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I have a RTX2080 super video card. When editing, I turn on the mercury playback engine gpu acceleration (CUDA) in the project settings. I work fine for a couple of hours, but then the preview window just goes black when the video card heats up to about 60 degrees.
Today this mode was enough for me for a couple of minutes, then the screen turned black again. I switched to mercury playback engine software only. And it became unbearable to work, as everything hangs.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you installed the latest Studio driver from Nvidia website.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/170889/en-us

If this is a notebook raise it so air can go under for cooling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a stationary computer. Unfortunately, installing this driver didn't help(( But thanks for the answer anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if it'll work for you but I fixed mines by setting the PhysX settings to "Auto-Select". In case you wonder what settings I set for my 3D settings, it's "High-Performance Nvidia Processor" but I doubt it could fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines