• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Screen During Transition

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a recurring issue since I updated Premiere Pro to the 2020 version. I have a zoom in transition that appears to work when I playback on the timeline. But when I export the video, the second half of the transition (the start of the second clip) becomes a solid black screen. I didn't have issues with this transition before I updated to the latest 2020 release.

The transition was originally downloaded, but I've even tried creating the transition from scratch in Premiere and the same thing keeps happening...

Any idea how to fix this?

TOPICS
Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-How-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-Premiere-Pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for these suggestions. I tried everything you wrote. The transition still plays fine on the timeline, but after exporting, I can now see the first few frames of the 2nd half of the transition but then it flickers between a black screen, then a black and white image of my clip, then back to black...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my effects bin, I can see that the first part of the transition is an accelerated effect whereas the second half is not... does this indicate something else I should be looking to fix?Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 1.24.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen both with direct export and using the Adobe Media Encoder queue?

Does it happen if you disable GPU acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the added suggestions. It's still happening even after trying everything you suggested...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your timelime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I went through your suggestions again and this time when I changed the video renderer, I was able to export the video without the black screen showing up. By changing the video renderer, does this impact the quality of the exported video? Right now I've set it to 'Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL) - Deprecated'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That indicates that you have a video card or driver issue.

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

The quality should be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-02-13 203929.png

Sir the same problem is coming in my PC too. I tried installing the graphic driver again but it didn't solve the problem. Whenever I render the video through software the output comes normal but whenever I render through a Graphic card there's a black screen during the transition period. If u have any other option kindly help me out. Btw in my case, the screen is always black on the timeline but when I render through software the output comes normal but not on the graphic card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card and what driver number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-02-13 214441.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been several drivers released since your current driver:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-r5-series/amd-radeon-r5-300-seri...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new.pngss.pngAs u said Updated all the drivers still the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me out bro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking Composite in linear color in the sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unchecked what u said. Now it works for some transitions while others are still black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not highjack a thread. Make a new post under your own name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can try this in a project setting > general > video rendering and playback > select mercury playback engine GPU acceleration (CUDA).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines