Highlighted

Black Screen on GPU Acceleration

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I have researched every post I could find about this issue and I am creating this post because I need a better solution than the ones I have found. 

Whenever I select CUDA in the project settings aa opposed to Software, I get a black screen on my source files and playback. I have already went into my preferences and adjusted all the settings to enable GPU acceleration. I have tried both the most up-to-date Gaming/Studio drivers since the timing of this post. 

I cannot see my 5K R3DCODE footage unless I use software only. I, like many others do not want to use software encoding. I want to use my hardware. I input my source files into NLEs like After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, REDCINE PRO and can access and enable GPU acceleration and encoding without black screen or playback issues. This problem is specifically isolated on Premiere Pro and I am having little to no luck finding the proper solution.

SYSTEM:

WINDOWS 10 HOME

AMD THREADRIPPER 3960X 

MSI VENTUS 3X 3080 

64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200

2TB VIPER GEN 4 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Black Screen on GPU Acceleration

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I have researched every post I could find about this issue and I am creating this post because I need a better solution than the ones I have found. 

Whenever I select CUDA in the project settings aa opposed to Software, I get a black screen on my source files and playback. I have already went into my preferences and adjusted all the settings to enable GPU acceleration. I have tried both the most up-to-date Gaming/Studio drivers since the timing of this post. 

I cannot see my 5K R3DCODE footage unless I use software only. I, like many others do not want to use software encoding. I want to use my hardware. I input my source files into NLEs like After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, REDCINE PRO and can access and enable GPU acceleration and encoding without black screen or playback issues. This problem is specifically isolated on Premiere Pro and I am having little to no luck finding the proper solution.

SYSTEM:

WINDOWS 10 HOME

AMD THREADRIPPER 3960X 

MSI VENTUS 3X 3080 

64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200

2TB VIPER GEN 4 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. When I have the Renderer set to CUDA setting or the "Enable Hardware Accelerated encoding and decoding (requires restart) selected, the .R3D files don't display in my program window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the new RTX 3080 video card btw.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the latest drivers? I know Nvidia recently fixed some of the bugs with the 3080.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could try a clean install of the drivers as well

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the 3090. Latest november studio drivers did not fix it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0