Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

when I am working in a project in Premiere Pro CC the latest update) and want to click on either 'Editing' or "Effects' along the top column the screen goes black and I have to open up the project again.

I can click on Assembly, Colour, Audio, Graphics and Libraries successfully but not 'Editing and Effects'.

This happens with every project plus I opened up a new project template with nothing added (e.g. footage etc) and it still does this.

Seems to be a bug...any ideas?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Thanks for replying hmmm I couldn't quite figure out your suggestion however I notice other people with the same issue since I posted -

it has been suggested  to restore the saved layouts to factory settings - this works ... thank you anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you try reseting the preferences for premiere pro, if not than try this - Configure preference settings in Premiere Pro

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying hmmm I couldn't quite figure out your suggestion however I notice other people with the same issue since I posted -

it has been suggested  to restore the saved layouts to factory settings - this works ... thank you anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RecoditProductions,

Thanks for posting what worked for you.

If others were wondering, you can restore Window Layouts by renaming the folder in Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 12.0 > Profile (username) to "OldLayouts" or the like.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so just type "OldLayouts" nothing less or more? no username either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines