• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black sides do not show in editing but when exporting video it does- How to edit it ???

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I have a video that looks like attached 1. when i go to export the video (picture 2 in the attached) as i will be uploading onto youtube. The video then has black sides around it .

How do i edit the black sides in the editing section  so i can put some effects on the black areas for youtube.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a sequence the same size as you will be exporting to.

Put your video on track 1.

Put any other media on a track above your video and position, crop, ar add effects to the media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to sound a bit dumb- how do i go about doing this 

I am new to adobe premier .

what do you mean by create a sequence the same as ill be exporting to .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to do export and check the actual result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did , this was the result

i still have the black sides on the video  but when i edit the video in adobe i cant see any black sides 

i want to be able to see the black sides in the editing section so i can add effects so when i do export in youtube format the black sides are covered up .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems you have a vertical sequence (I'm guessing maybe a classic 1080x1920 one) and your export settings are set to a  horizontal 1920x1080 video. You should go to the Sequence menu, choose the Sequence Settings option and change your frame size to 1920 horizontal and 1080 vertical:

Captura.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines