• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blackmagic Intensity pro and Premiere Pro CC

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a time when I could use my Blackmagic Intensity pro capture card to provide output from my premiere pro cc timeline to an external monitor. The card still works well for capturing from an external source e.g. VCR tapes.  Also I no longer see any Blackmagic sequences listed in premiere pro sequence options.  I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling all the Blackmagic software but get no positive result. I see no helpful discussions on the Blackmagic forum.  I have also tried using several custom sequences to see if any produce an output from the timeline.   Does anyone have any ideas regarding this problem?  I'm using windows 10 64 bit with a GTX 1060 6gb display card.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit > Preferences > Playback and make sure to select the correct Audio Device and Video Device for outputting A/V. To capture, make sure to go to the Settings tab in the Capture panel and click Edit to change the Capture Settings to Blackmagic Design.

It was a while since i used the card but i do remember that the card was sensitive regarding settings. If the card is set to NTSC it won´t either input or output PAL and the same goes from frame size. In Windows Control Panel you can find more settings for the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply Averdahl.  I have paid attention to all the issues you have mentioned and found no real answer.  The card does seem to play the output  from the timeline in a basic standard definition DV-PAL setting, but nothing in any HD setting (settings at 25 or 50 fps in my location).  I can't understand what happened to the Blackmagic sequence presets which used to accompany the Blackmagic desktop downloads.  The card works really well in capturing - both from media express and directly within premiere pro cc.  It's the playback which fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of monitor do you use? If you use a SD monitor you must make sure that the card downscales HD to SD. This setting can be found in the Control panel in Windows. Do you get any output if you create a 1080i25 sequence? (IOW, no 25p or 50p.)

I haven´t the card installed anymore so my knowledge has started to fade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The monitor is an Asus VE247 1920 x 1080 60Mhz. - same as the 2 monitors I use for Prem Pro.  As I say, the monitor works very well when capturing HD from external source.  Just will not accept ouput from premiere pro. I have tried every possible sequence setting I can including 1080i25.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a BM card in PC with SDI in and out. Think it's a fairly new PCI-E thing in the 8X slot. Using Resolve I can see ( via SDI out) a video monitor ( not a computer monitor or TV monitor ) what is on Resolve timelines, etc.

I only have old CS6 creative suite and wouldn't even try to mess around with it to capture or play from that card. It's hard enough getting stuff to work with Resolve.

Namely, get drivers and software from BM ( current stuff now available online from BM ) and install THAT for the 4k pro card.

It used to be that even in Resolve ( 12 ? ) you had to use BM presets to start projects in order to use the card properly. That got changed over the years cause people didn't like it. It's trying to be OK for adobe and resolve now, etc.

This stuff is really complicated for an idiot like me, but I got it working well using Resolve for output . I don't have a studio environment where I 'capture' anything to the computer directly. I did a test from BMPCC using HDMI to SDI converter ( new one ) to see if the SDI IN would work for capture ( using resolve ) and it will work ( recognizes card, etc. ). But I have no desire to waste time doing it at this point.

I would just see if you can download the latest software and drivers for the card you have ( from BM ) and see if that solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, unfortunately i don´t have access to the computer were my Intensity Pro card is installed in and it was too long time since i used it so i cannot give you more help.

Try to either post in their forum or contact their Support directly.

Blackmagic Forum • Index page

Support Center | Blackmagic Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you replies folks.  Much appreciated.  I'll try Blackmagic support again (not had any real joy previously!),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who may be interested!   I seem to have solved the problem:(I hope!)

1. Clear all Preferences from Prem Pro cc

2. Uninstall/delete all Blackmagic software

3. Download Desktop Video 10.4 (April 2015) from Blackmagic support center

4.Install Version 10.4 (Blackmagic sequence presets now appear in Premiere Pro CC)

5. Select appropriate Blackmagic capture/playback options in Prem Pro CC

Playback now appears on external monitor!

I'm not suggesting this is he best or only solution to the problem - but it seems to work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks your suggestions really helpful me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines