Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blackmagic Mini Monitor drops sync in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have an edit suite setup with a 2013 Mac Pro running High Sierra and the most up to date versions of Adobe Premiere and BM Desktop that are available. Our Sony broadcast monitor runs via a BM Mini Monitor. Most of the time this setup works flawlessly (recently cut a 4x30min TV series on it without issue, inc. 8 camera Multicam), but on the current job it's dropping sync periodically. To be clear this isn't a latency issue, as sync is usually perfect.

The issue seems to be coming from the Mini Monitor as to "fix" the issue we have been going into Mac OSX System Settings and changing the Output device to-or-from the Mini Monitor. This seems to "reset" the Mini Monitor and sync returns, only to drop out again an hour or so later.

The other potential cause it that the editor has added a lot of colour grades, there are also subtitles all over the place, and some of the clips are non-optimised formats like mp4 - but this usually isn't too much for Premiere.

Has anyone else had this issue, know how to solve it, or know of any potential solutions?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you're also asking on the BlackMagic user forums. I work a lot with colorists with all sorts of Bm cards involved, and some of them do have sync problems off and on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Neil, so far no one has any ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Might be related to your system. Can you update to 10.14? 10.13 is no longer supported. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Thuderbolt and USB 3.0 Intensity Shuttle. They both work great but I do not have the latest version of Premiere Pro. Could the Mac have done an OS X update that is causing problems? Did you try try a new BMD driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running the latest BMD drivers but to Kevin's point the version of Mac OS is out of date - I needed to do this for compatibility reasons with another NLE, but this is no longer relavent so I'll update the OS and cross fingers 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines