• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blackmagic raw files on my MAC OK?

Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rocking out in a music video next weekend, planning to get some editing practice with the finished footage. The director told me I would get Blackmagic files, shooting in 4K. My computer is a bit on the older side, so I'm wondering if there might be any issues importing the footage.

iMac (late 2013)

16 gigs ram

3.4 GHz

I read an older post that mentioned downloading a Blackmagic plugin. Is this still the case?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Software is on Black Magic Design web site.

The Black Magic RAW installer is in the Professional Camera tab, Not the Fusion - Resolve Tab.

Link Here - Support Center | Blackmagic Design

Scroll down in the Latest Downloads section until you get to the Black Magic RAW 2.0.

Careful there are Beta (experimental) releases - I would avoid for stability sake.

Import and make ProRes Proxies and use those files for editing your project. 

Switch them off for the Color Grade.

If you are feeling adventurous you could download Resolve 17 & use the full potential of BRAW files for the grade.

Export a Final Cut XML in Premiere once your cut is done in Adobe and use Resolve for the grade.

There are excellent videos on the Black Magic Design website for the BRAW workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines