Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue shadow arround transparent MOV-Files

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we’ve a prblem with Premiere. Since an update the problem ist at every workstation the same:

When we import a MOV-file with a transparent background, premiere puts a blue shadow around the element. We do not know where the problem lies. It only occurs with MOV files. Not with transparent graphics.

premiere.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these MOV's coming from? Do you know if the alpha channel is bring properly exported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are files stored on local computers. If I export the project as mp4, then the blue shadow is exported with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you exporting them from? Could you share a screenshot of your original MOV export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you mean this?hoch.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's quite what I'm looking for, but your screenshot gave me a hint as to what might be your issue.

It looks like there's a slight shadow around the white portion of the video; I imagine that's affecting how the background keys out within premiere since those shadowy pixels will be a lower value (darker) than the rest of the blue being keyed out.

Where did you originally get this clip? Did you create it yourself? Is it downloaded from the internet? Is it from a friend or colleague? I ask because if you can access the project files of the original composition, you could delete that shadow and the background should export and key out cleanly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the hint. That's what we'll try now. Strange that it has never been a problem, only a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True; it almost 100% had to do with the update. I see the pro's recommend you never upgrade while you're in the middle of a project. And make sure auto-updates are turned off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing, have you changed how you import files at all? Sometimes errors happen when pulling things in by going File->Import (or Ctrl+I), so maybe try importing by clicking and dragging from your Media Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately, this leads to the same result. We'll take the shadow out and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off 'Composite in Linear colour' in the sequence settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem and I unchecked that and it helped, but it did not solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is: Turn off GPU acceleration in your File>Project settings and switch it to Software Only. And IGNORE Adobe's really loud and unqualified "reccomendations" that you use an engine your machine factually cannot use, which also plays nicely with their software in zero out of 100 cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks to me its the shadow.

Try interpret footage on the alpha channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, a simple fix may be to just luma key out anything not white, and you should be left with a clean MOV in your Program Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to switch the renderer to software only?

or go to modify - interpret footage and change how the alpha channel is imported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines