• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue shadow on mov files with alpha

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started having this problem on premiere v13, I'm currently using v13.1.5, as my computer is running MacOS Sierra.

When I first import the mov files with alpha, they looked fine. The problem only starts after I close premiere and open it again. It always happens if the mov file has drop shadow or any form of feathering effect added to it.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 9.28.26 AM.png

I've tried rendering these mov files with both ProRes4444 and Animation codec (with alpha) and the problem still persists. The mov files are not set to any other Blending mode except "Normal". I tried clearing cache, removing the file and re-importing them, restart my computer, nothing works. It seems like once Premiere decided to put that blue shadow on the file, it will remain like this unless I render a new one from After Effects, then it will work normally until I close Premiere again.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem. Has anyone found a solution? This is problem has brought my entire wrokflow to a stand still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately i have not found a fix to this day. however, i have been working around this problem by rendering all my gfx without drop shadows or any kind of fading background. i add the drop shadows in premiere using premiere's own drop shadow effect, and as for fading backgrounds, i use photoshop to create a gradient to transparent image and then import them into premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the reply, but i am using an intro video that I got from fiverr that has some alpha in it and it is basically unusabvle for my channel with Premier. I will be switching to Divinci since the intro MOV works perfectly fine there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling/enabling Composite in linear color in the sequence settings.

LinearColor.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interprete the footage to a different alpha channel settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kind of a newb with Premier...how would I do that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bizzy,

Have you done a test with the new version just released, 14.6? Give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe @TrentHappel  could chase this down ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have seen a few reports of a blue hue added to Alpha channels with some media formats. In these cases, they appear to be GPU-related. If you go to File menu > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback and set to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only, do the files now appear correct?

I will pass this on to the team investigating this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you instructed and it did reduce the efffect by about 90%, but the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this, I tried the same MOV in Divinci Resolve and the problem isn't there at all. I really don't want to use Divinci though. I just did it to make sure that the file wasn't the problem. The first time I import the file into Premier it works as it should. After I save and close Premier it never works again after that. It did this on both of my workstations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2023 and still so many people have the same issue, Please fix this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines