Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bluetooth headphones not working with premiere pro

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a pair of Monster Clarity HD bluetooth headphones. I use them with my new MacBook Pro. The bluetooth works fine with finder, safari, chrome, everything really except Premiere Pro and Audition the two Adobe apps that I've tried so far.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I can do in Preferences?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil

TOPICS
Audio , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Theres a long expiation but all you really need to do is go to Premiere Pro CC< Preferences<Audio Hardware<Default input< and then change that to the built in microphone.

Once your not trying to use to your mic on headphones you can regain there former glory with full delightful sound! haha

Hope this helps anyone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try checking your Default Output settings in your Audio Hardware Preferences in Premiere Pro? If you're not familiar, it's found under the "Premiere Pro CC" dropdown file menu. Pull down to Preferences and then pull over to Audio Hardware.

Me personally though, I would just use wired headphones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theres a long expiation but all you really need to do is go to Premiere Pro CC< Preferences<Audio Hardware<Default input< and then change that to the built in microphone.

Once your not trying to use to your mic on headphones you can regain there former glory with full delightful sound! haha

Hope this helps anyone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the problem. I had a similar problem as well. The Bluetooth headphones work great for everything except Premiere and Audition. The audio quality would degrade the moment I opened the app. As soon as I set the mic input to built-in mic and the output to the wireless headphones everything worked. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks of this tip, problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did that and now NOTHING comes from the monitor without the headphones, which i do not wish to use 100%.  under "default input" at "audio hardware" THERE IS NO INPUT.  nothing to choose from.  says NO INPUT.

thanks for making it worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you are a genius lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This problem was driving me nuts, but your solution worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So in the latest version is still the same problem (2022) and your solution works perfectly, thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!   I was on with Adobe Tech Support for like 3 hours and they couldn't help me.  This solved it.  So nice to have working audio again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. Garbage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also doesn't work for me. I have a beats solo 3 which works. But my sennheiser pxc-550ii has that lag.

Could it be the noise canceling tech that causes the latency?

Would be great to have this bug fixed.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines