• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry images in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a portion of a shortfilm I'm working on that has images transitioning from one to another. The images are decent quality, but when I play the montage, they are horribly blurry. When I compare the quality between the source preview (left) and the project preview (right) it is a night and day difference. What is happening here? I have fully rendered my clips, and I am playing back at full resolution. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

The image is 186 x 271.

Well there you go. Once you go past 100% you start losing quality immediatly. As Ann would say, that's a postage stamp! Maybe not even that it's so small.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attachment.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 10.42.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of the image in pixel dimensions, what is the size (resolution) of the sequence in pixel dimensions? And what is your Preferences setting for scaling, Set to frame-size or Scale to frame-size?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have multiple photos that are having this issue, but the photo that i posted an image of is 186 x 271. the sequence is 3840 x 2160. Although, the photo is not fit inside the frame, as i have it doing a movement in the film.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you pause playback do the clips sharpen up in the monitor? It could just be your computer having trouble keeping up and if they're sharp when you pause they should be fine when you output the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that used to happen, but after rendering they are always blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your source monitor is at 400% magnification, and with a similar sized frame as the Program monitor set to Fit. So, that is suspect right there. Did you have to scale up your picture from 100% in your timeline? Supply the specs that Neil had posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my source monitor, if i set it to Fit, the photo is very very small. i set it to 400% to be able to see the image. im confused on how this would change anything, because even in my source monitor when im magnified very far in, the image is still clear, but its not that way in the timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is 186 x 271.

Well there you go. Once you go past 100% you start losing quality immediatly. As Ann would say, that's a postage stamp! Maybe not even that it's so small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that because its small that would pixelate it when zoomed in, but i still dont understand how the image on the left is so crystal clear compared to the one on the right, when they are both magnified. Why doesnt it look that clear when magnified in the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's scaled 400% in your source monitor but to fit in your UHD sequence it's scaled 765%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines