Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry text

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5C43_0-1605790088621.png

Can I please get some help on how to get a less blurry text in my videos. The video isn't the best quality, but surely there must be a way to sharpen the quality of added text, right? Is there a way besides adding a block behind?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the sequence setting is of low resolution so will the text be.

Post screenshot clip in mediainfo in tree view and screenshot sequence settings.

Make sure your playback/paused is set to Full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely sure what you meant by '' screenshot clip in mediainfo in tree view ''

sequnce settings premier pro.png

asdasdasdasasdas.png

Here is the text info as well 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly :

MediaInfo windows 

MediaInfo Mac

But your screenshot show the sequence is of very low resolution (guessing the clip is the same) hence the text will be too.

640x480 is stamp size. Not much you can do about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have clips that are of different resolution quality, I do not know which of them the sequence settings are applied to. 

There must be a way to fix that. Even my free video editor that was installed on my laptop can easily apply better text quality with the exact same video resolution. 

text bluriness.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... Great that you weren't able to help me on the subject, so you locked my other thread when I tried to reach out to other people. I now cannot communicate with the individual that was trying to help, unless he comes here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a really low resolution sequence by modern standards.

Even if your source video has this resolution, create a new sequence that has a resolution of 1920x1080 (or adjust the current one accordingly). Otherwise you won't be able to get any sharp text in the sequence you currently have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjusting the one I already have just made every clip a lot smaller, like the picture below shows - do you have a suggestion on how I can fix that? Scaling the clips did not work. The clips I use are of different resolutions regarding the original video source, isn't it then a bit weird that every one of them gets viewed as 640 - 480 resolution? 

5C43_1-1605882040071.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not weird, it's their original size. Select all the clips on the timline and right click > set to frame size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I referred it as weird regarding their resolution, not their size (or original size)

I tried to 'set to frame size' on every clip, but it only worked on some of them and not all. Do you know why?

Thanks for trying to help by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rescaling the clips from the Effect Control window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked.

Thank you for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines