• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry Video After I Export

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to video editing but have used Premiere a few times. I am trying to make a video compilation with a bunch of different videos. I tried to export what I had so far and everything was blurry. They were not before when they were separate. I attached screen shots of all my settings. I know I really have no idea what I'm doing, but I just need a little help!

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 2.56.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-06 at 2.55.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-06 at 2.55.28 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

rendersettings.png

In this section

Format: you want to set it to H.264 (right now, you have it set to QuickTime)

Then, in the preset section, pick YouTube 1080 preset (the YouTube presets are towards the bottom).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were your export settings?

Did you create that sequence yourself or did you let Premiere create it automatically for you based on the footage?

How are you playing this footage back when it looks blurry?

What do you mean by it looking blurry? Can we see an example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering so quickly! I did not think about the export settings, that could be it. I attached a screen shot of what I did.

I did not think about the export settings, that could be it. I attached a screen shot of what I did.

I just used Premiere's settings.

I attached a photo comparing the original to after I exported the video. I just exported it to quicktime. Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 3.10.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-06 at 3.10.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your output is set to be a LOT smaller than your sequence settings, so the result (when blown up to the same size) will look a lot blurrier. Make your output settings match your sequence settings and it should look a lot better. (Although, you may want square pixels for your output instead of 1.333 PAR it kind of depends on what you're doing with this video.)

So, what are you planning to do with this video once you're done? If you're planning to put it online, you would probably be better-suited making an H.264 and picking one of the presets Premiere has (for example, the YouTube 1080 preset).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. Yes I am planning on putting it online. Okay, would you mind telling me where I could find that setting? I can't seem to find it. Thank you so much for helping me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rendersettings.png

In this section

Format: you want to set it to H.264 (right now, you have it set to QuickTime)

Then, in the preset section, pick YouTube 1080 preset (the YouTube presets are towards the bottom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! Don't forget to mark the "correct" post as the Correct Answer so other forum-goers can find the answer more quickly. And, while you're at it, mark any other ones that were useful as Helpful. It lets Adobe know that I'm a good volunteer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Szalam --- 

So --- same problem but slightly different. 

I've tried to put this video together three different times and I cant figure out why the photos are large files / sharp outside of premier pro but then something's happening when I'm bringing them into premier pro bc the source says the files are super small ---- screen shots included. I just don't understand what's happening bc the files I'm using are very large but then on export it's saying the sourc files are small ---- and thus the video is blurry / pixelated / compressed  --- please help, I've spent too much time on this and don't have the time to waste! Thanks! Brittany 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brittany! I searched Youtube and found the answer. I THINK it said don't check "Match media" because then it will make it all the same size as the smallest. (I did it awhile ago) This is not expert advice but give it a shot! It worked for me. If not, keep searching online. Someone knows! Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am having the same problem... I attempted to post my video to Facebook as well as YouTube, each time using the H.264 Format and the 1080 preset for Facebook and then Youtube, but when they finally upload to each site, they are blurry. Any ideas on what's going on? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU Szalam!!! I had the same problem and you solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have same problem and I tried to do the same thing but it didn't work,can you guys help me?Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frame-size of both your source and export are truly minuscule! A 298x168 image is not going to look good above postage stamp size.

What is the original media frame-size?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looking at this post due to the same problem.  What image size is usually needed for the source to not be fuzzy after exporting to mp4 - usually to Vimeo?

Thanks.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least 1280x720.

A good percentage is now 1920x1080 and some is higher.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super!  Thanks for the answer.  I started doing videos for our church services for COVID-19.  Hadn't ever used Adobe Premier.  Steep learning curve but getting there! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have mine set to 1920x1080  and its still blurry.  I did custom 1080 HD preset because this is going on an LMS (Thinkific).  But once compressed and on the LMS, its slightly blurry.  I made the videos with Quicktime.  Should I still use the Youtube 1080 preset?  Even if its not going on Youtube?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd need to know the source media frame-size, the sequence frame-size, any resizing done on the sequence & how it was done, and then the export settings.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through the same thing I really don't know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, unless you actually give us some information, we can't really help, can we?

So ... what's the specs of the original media you're working with .... frame-rate, frame-size, what format/codec, shot by a camera, captured by screen capture, what?

What is your sequence framesize/framerate, and the full specs of your export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same problem too. Thank you for the answer. It was really helpful. Now my videos are clearer than ever !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines